Headed to Marathon: February 23-26, 2017
The Miami Boat Show Poker Run 2017 will see a major change, shifting the destination venue to Faro Blanco Resort & Marina, in Marathon. The reason for this change is the imminent need for a larger marine facility, to accommodate the growth of this event and increased sizes of powerboats on the Florida Powerboat Club member roster. The Faro Blanco Resort was a popular stop for FPC in the 1990’s, but it eventually closed for nearly two decades, re-opening its doors in January 2015.
The Miami Boat Show Poker Run is a four day poker run event is designed for sport cruising and high-performance boaters alike. Performance manufacturers and dealers participate as featured sponsors, giving attendees the opportunity to see the latest offerings in the world of offshore powerboating at our in-water and land-based displays that surround the marina. The two-day departure format gives participants up to four days of pleasure cruising over the weekend, and plenty of time to see all of the best sights in the Florida Keys.
Departure: Multiple departures from Grove Harbour Marina / Courtyard Marriott
Distance: Approx. 100 miles, one way
Reservations: Contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414
FARO BLANCO RESORT – HYATT Place – SOLD OUT
COURTYARD MARRIOTT- MARATHON- SOLD OUT
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS- Marathon – STILL AVAILABLE
For guests staying at Holiday Inn, there is a marina on property and also
across the street: 2nd Marina Venue: ISLAND FISH CO. – Weekend dockage available
OTHER Accommodations also available in Marathon, including suite hotels and condos. Please call the FPC office for details.
Check-in Schedule: Thursday & Friday at Grove Harbour Marina / Courtyard Marriott. 5 pm to 8pm Mandatory Captains’ Meeting the night BEFORE your departure. Please reserve one hour for Captain and First Mate to attend. (Captain’s meetings 8PM nightly on Wednesday and Thursday at Courtyard)
Boat Launching: Haulover Park/Collins Ave., North Miami and Grove Harbor Marina, Miami. Note: Secure truck/trailer parking for poker run attendees. Must provide Team Number and Captain’s name for clearance to lot.
Daily departures at 10am from Grove Harbour Marina / Courtyard Marriott! Thursday and Friday Daily dockside continental breakfast 8am to 10am.
Lunch stops: Gilberts Key Largo every day at noon.
Fuel stops: Grove Harbor Marina. Fuel 90 non-ethanol. High Octane race fuel available on special order basis. (Please call FPC office)
Friday Night: Cocktail party on the beach. Dinner. 5pm to 10pm.
Saturday: Raft-Up Party. Fun Runs to various destinations in the Keys (Hawks Cay: 50 miles roundtrip, Marathon: 70 miles roundtrip, Key West: 170 miles roundtrip.) Aerial photo shoots.
Saturday Night: Poker match for winning hand. Awards and Sponsor Appreciation Party. Dinner. 6:30pm – 11pm.
Event Fee: $750 (Captain and First Mate) Membership is required for this event so, please BECOME A MEMBER! It’s fast and easy with many levels to choose!
Miami Boat Show Poker Run Fee Includes:
- All planning for event, including FPC making room and dockage reservations on behalf of attendee.
- A safe, well excecuted poker run event, with official paceboat leading the trip.
- Function passes for Capt and one crew member, for dockside breakfast, lunch at Gilberts and Sat. night dinner party.
- Poker run hand included, with chance of winning great prizes.
- (2) 2016 Souvenir Poker run t-shirts for capt and crew.
- Extra Crew Fee: $150 per person (includes event t-shirt and all necessary function passes)
Applicants for participation in the Miami Boat Show Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at the Biscayne Marriott Miami. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.