January 27-29, 2017
The Winter Poker Run has been a January tradition for over twenty years with members of FPC, giving our northern members a great escape from the dreary mid-winter blues! You might have to put on a jacket for the boat ride from Miami to Duck Key, but that’s a lot better than a parka and shoveling snow out of your driveway.
The new destination at Hawks Cay Resort & Marina isn’t really new at all…in fact FPC has made this our destination for over a decade…but more recently took a few years off while renovations were being carried out. The result…Hawks Cay Resort has completely rebuilt docks and an all-new waterfront restaurant overlooking the vibrant marina. Of course the big attractions at Hawks Cay make it unique from so many other Keys resorts…earning its reputation as an authentic Caribbean-themed destination resort. Luxurious two-story villas with up to three bedrooms and spacious verandas are the big hit .. along with the lavish grounds and amenities on property, including a first class spa, adult swimming pool, sandy salt water lagoon, free use of recreational watercraft, and the live dolphin pond!
FPC staff will make all the reservations for dockage, (limited) villas and guestrooms, so get on board and kick off 2017 with a winter escape to paradise!
Departure: Courtyard Marriott in Coconut Grove
Distance: This run is from Miami to Duck Key. (roundtrip 210 miles)
61 Hawks Cay Blvd
Duck Key, FL 33050
Reserve your spot today as there are only a limited number of spacious marina view villas available.
Reservations: Contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414
11 am: Departure from Courtyard Marriott in Coconut Grove- Card #1
12 Noon: Lunch: Gilberts Key Largo – Card #2
4:30 pm: Arrival at Hawks Cay
Saturday: Fun Run/Poker Run Cards:
12 Noon: Fun Run Departure from Hawks Cay – Card # 5
Aerial photo session, Near 7 mile bridge
1 PM: Lunch fun run followed by raft up. Location TBA – Card # 6
4 pm: Return to Hawks Cay Resort
12 Noon: Boats, depart Hawks Cay
1 Pm: Lunch stopover- Postcard Inn Islamorada
3 – 4 Pm Arrival in Miami/ Coconut Grove
Powerboats: $650 (Captain + mate- no safety fee assessed)
Extra Crew: $75
Cruisers/Yachts: $600 (2 crew)
Cars: $350 (Driver & Guest)
Motorbikes $150 (1 Rider)
Event Fees Include: Full registration to the poker run, including (1) poker hand per team and participation in the boating, driving, riding activities which are accompanied by photo and video teams for extensive television & media coverage. Dockside breakfast at Grove Harbour Marina before departure, poker run lunch in the Keys, welcome reception and Saturday fun run. FPC staff will make ALL reservations for rooms and dockage in Miami and in Duck Key for all guests.
Applicants for participation in the Winter Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at Courtyard Coconut Grove. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.