Return to Hawks Cay
FPC is excited to return to Hawks Cay for the 2019 FPC Winter Poker Run! The hurricane repairs are going quite well. It seemed to take forever to see progress in the beginning but it’s speeding along now. We had a great partial opening last month and it’s been wonderful having guests back at the resort. We are really excited for our summer opening as the property will look better than ever.
January 26-28, 2018
The Winter Poker Run has been a January tradition for over twenty years with members of FPC, giving our northern members a great escape from the dreary mid-winter blues! FPC staff will make all the reservations for dockage and guestrooms, so get on board and kick off 2018 with a winter escape to paradise!
Departure: Friday January 26, 2018 at 11 am from Sunny Isles (Haulover Marine Center)
Starting Point: Sunny Isles Beach
Thursday Night Rooms at Doubletree Suites by Hilton
Destination: Playa Largo Resort / Marriott Autograph Collection
Room Rates: Brand new resort/ Rooms are very luxurious!!
- Two story Bungalow $ 639/nt ( sleep up to 4) – We have (8) only- Very Nice!!!
- Single/Double Bay Front Suite $ 519/nt ( awesome views of bay!)
- Partial Bay View $ 439/nt
- Resort View $ 359/nt
- Limited View $ 319/nt
Dockage Rates: $3/foot
Brand new marina —10 slips are available for narrow beam boats only 8.6″ beam or less. (most performance v-bottoms under 40′)
Rafting will be necessary to accommodate all larger boats with beams 9′ or greater
Total of 25 boats can register due to dockage limitations. Power and water included.
Reserve your spot today as there are only a limited number of rooms remaining at the resort for these dates.
Reservations: Contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414
Grove Harbour/ Card Sound/ Key Largo
Saturday Fun Run:
To Marlin Bay Yacht Club — Marathon
Sunday Night Dinner Party:
Powerboats: $800 (Captain + Mate)
Extra Crew: $175
Safety Management Fee: $50
Applicants for participation in the Winter Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at Courtyard Coconut Grove. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.