September 18-22, 2020
RESCHEDULED FROM SPRING POKER RUN TO KEY WEST
This early Fall escape to paradise is the ideal getaway for FPC members who have suffered the Covid-19 blues….and are just ready to unleash the throttles and enjoy some powerboating in paradise in the Florida Keys. With a small roster of teams from all over the United States, this event features a more casual, laid-back agenda, with a one-night stay in Marathon followed by three days in Key West. The smaller group means we can enjoy a possible day trip to Dry Tortugas ( weather permitting) or relax at Boca Grande in the Mule Keys, just ten miles from Key West Harbor. Hotels include the landmark Hyatt Centric Resort, with docking at the popular Conch Republic Seafood docks, in the heart of the Historic Seaport District. Hotel rates are the lowest we’ve seen in decades, so get on board and enjoy this four day adventure, departing Friday morning from Haulover Marine Center in North Miami Beach.
Reservations: Contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414
Example Itinerary for Fall Key West Poker Run
Thur Sept 17: Overnight North Miami Beach
Rooms available Trump Resort & Doubletree by Hilton: Rates start at $189
Fri Sept 18: Departure Haulover Marine Center
Destination: Hyatt Faro Blanco Marathon – 1 night.. Just $149/room!!
Sat Sept 19: Departure to Key West
Three nights in Key West – Hyatt Centric Key West: $ 189/night- Lowest Rates Ever!
Sun & Mon: Area cruising local waters.
Dry Tortugas planned, weather permitting.
(140 miles roundtrip)
Tues Sep 22: Return to Miami
Note: Schedule subject to change. Updated itineraries will be provided to all event participants at check in.
Powerboats: $895 (Includes: Boat, Captain, & Mate)
Extra Crew: $175 (Includes: souvenir event tee, catered function passes for dockside breakfast, poker run lunch, and Sat evening dinner party)
Safety Management Fee: $50 for boats running 40-60 mph, $100 for boats running 60-99mph, or $150 for boats running 100 mph +
Applicants for participation must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.