March 16 – 19, 2023
With Key West holding the top spot as the #1 Florida boating destination and the most attended FPC Poker Run every November, the Spring Key West Poker Run is the perfect addition to our 2023 Poker Run calendar! The spring weather makes for fabulous boating conditions and the City of Key West retains its playful and festive vibe, at the height of Spring Break when fun-seeking travelers visit from all over the world. With central docking at the Conch Republic and Historic Seaport, combined with luxury accommodations at the nearby Hyatt Centric Key West, it’s the perfect escape to paradise!
We’ll depart Thursday and enjoy the scenic ride from Miami through the Florida Keys, stopping in Key Largo and Marathon along the way, then arriving in Key West Thursday afternoon. There are plenty of great activities around town, and we’ll enjoy local boating daytrips on Friday and Saturday, including Woman Key and the popular Boca Grande, which is off-limits to boaters on the November Key West run. Weather permitting, there’s always an option to make the 72 mile trip to Dry Tortugas National Park, home to the historic Fort Jefferson and world class coral reefs.
Saturday night we’ll rendezvous for a private FPC dinner party in the casual, open-air vibe of the Conch Republic Seafood Company, and present awards to our sponsors and winning poker run teams. The run on Sunday departs 10am and we’ll enjoy a pleasurable ride back to Miami, logging close to 400 miles roundtrip! The Spring Key West Poker Run has an exciting 4-day schedule and is limited to 35 boats so please don’t hesitate to register now if you plan to join us!
Lodging information coming soon
Sample Itinerary for Spring Key West Poker Run
- Wednesday staging in North Miami or Coconut Grove- Hotels available both locations.
- Thurs: 10:30am Depart Haulover Marina- Rendezvous Grove Harbour: 11 AM
- Lunch in Florida Keys and fuel stops planned- Key Largo / Marathon
- Thurs: 4 PM: Arrival Key West Harbor – Multiple docking options
- Guest Check-In- Hyatt Centric Key West Front St. –Harbor front resort.
- Friday Noon: Local cruising & raft-up picnic in area waters- Woman Key-Boca Grande
- Friday Night: Plenty of social & dinner activities available
- Sat: Optional day-trip to Dry Tortugas (150 miles roundtrip)
- Sat Night: FPC Dinner Party – Conch Republic Seafood Co.
- Sunday: Return from Key West to Miami
Note: Schedule subject to change. Updated itineraries will be provided to all event participants at check in.
Powerboats: $895 (Includes: Boat, Captain, & Mate)
Extra Crew: $200 (Includes: souvenir event tee, catered function passes for dockside breakfast, poker run lunch, and Sat evening dinner party)
Safety Management Fee:
Sportboat Class (Green decal) $50 for boats running 40-69 mph
Perfomance Class (Yellow decal) $75 for boats running 70-99mph
Hi Performance (Red decal) $100 for boats running 100 mph +
Applicants for participation must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of use Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.