January 28-30, 2022
The Winter Poker Run returns to the popular Post Card Inn for our 2022 Season Opener!
As always, the event participants will stage from Haulover Marine Center in North Miami Beach, with local lodging at the Trump Resort and the Doubletree Ocean Pointe Resort, just a few blocks up Collins Ave. Alternative staging offered at Grove Harbour Marina in Coconut Grove, with the Courtyard Marriott conveniently located across the street. We’ll depart Friday morning and have a pleasurable day of cruising through Miami, Biscayne Bay and the Florida Keys, and enjoy a lavish lunch at Gilberts in Key Largo. The scenic ride continues through Upper Keys on the protected Florida Bay and intracoastal waterways, with arrival in Islamorada late afternoon.
Friday evening the guests will congregate to a cocktail party at Post Card Inn. The Saturday format will include schedule cruises on local waterways, including a helicopter photo session to produce that magic “Money Shot” for each poker run crew! Weather permitting; some teams may enjoy an optional daytrip to Key West, which is just 85 miles away along the coastal route, or about 90 miles via the protected “Saddle Bunch Keys” route along the northern entry route to Key West.
Rooms / Docking Miami: Haulover Marine Center: Launching and storage rates upon request. Please call the FPC office. Trailer parking $ 12/day
Thurs Night Lodging in Sunny Isles – Captains meeting at Trump International:
TRUMP International Resort: $294+
Doubletree Standard room: $299.00+
Doubletree One bedroom suite: $309.00+
Post Card Inn Lodging:
Post Card Inn $359 King / $359 Dbl Queen
Transient Docking: Chief Marine Islamorada: $3.00/ft per night.
Registration Form: CLICK HERE
For questions: Please contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414 weekdays 10AM to 5 PM
Early Registration fee: $850 / Until Jan 3, 2022 (After Jan 4: $900)
Includes: Poker Run boat entry for two – Captain & First Mate
Extra Crew: $125 pp
Fee Includes: Boat entry, function passes for all registered crew, captains souvenir poker run bag, souvenir event tees for crew members, dockside breakfast, Key Largo poker run lunch, and Friday night welcome party at Post Card Inn . Includes All event planning and services provided by FPC staff to register the member and crew, place reservations and accommodate special requests. Photo and video services utilizing helicopter and/or aerial drone provided with intention of capturing and documenting every registered team, and producing a souvenir event video to be aired on Youtube at a later date. Photography stills will be captured, with option of participant to purchase at a discounted rate after the event.
Safety Management Fee: Flat rate $75 All boats- to be paid by each registered team towards a Safety Management Fund which will be used to retain paid-duty rescue divers in volunteer boat(s) with paramedic skills to assist any teams/participants that may engage in an accident on the course that might cause personal injury and therefore require treatment. Safety Management Teams are engaged for the “Friday Poker Run” portion of the event, Miami to Florida Keys, and will NOT be engaged on any other days during this event.
Safe Operation: It is the sole responsibility of every boat captain, driver, or operator of any powerboat attending these FPC events, to operate his/her vessel safely and in a manner that is suitable and appropriate for the vessel and the boating conditions, i.e waves, wakes and weather. So as to ensure the safety of the vessel, its crew members, occupants and other boats engaged in the poker run.
Requirements: Boat owners are required to (1) Have an operating VHF radio on board vessel (2) maintain minimum Liability Insurance for their vessels, (3) sign a safety waiver to agree to FPC Safety Guidelines to attend poker run events, (4) wear a DESIGNATED CAPTAIN wristband, and (5) refrain from use of drugs or alcohol while within four hours of operating their vessel.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT- WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AND YOUR CREW!
Applicants for participation in the Winter Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at Courtyard Coconut Grove. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.