January 24-26, 2020
The Winter Poker Run returns to the Faro Blanco Resort & Marina for the first time in three years! With a choice of accommodations at Hyatt Place and the recently completed Courtyard Marathon, guests can enjoy upscale lodging and first class marina facilities for this 2020 season opener.
The event will stage from Haulover Marine Center in North Miami Beach, with lodging at the Doubletree Ocean Pointe Resort, just one mile up the road. We’ll depart Friday morning and have a pleasurable day of cruising through Miami, Biscayne Bay and the Florida Keys. Guests will enjoy a lavish lunch at Sundowners in Key Largo, then continue through the scenic Upper Keys on the protected Florida Bay intracoastal waterways.
Registration Forms — SOLD OUT
Rooms / Docking Miami: Haulover Marine Center: Launching and storage rates upon request. Please call the FPC office for quote. Trailer parking $ 12/day
Thurs Night Lodging: Doubletree Ocean Point Resort – Choice of standard rooms, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom suites.
- Standard room @$279.00++
- One bedroom suite @$299.00++
- Two bedroom suite @$409.00++Subject to 13% tax and $28.25 resort fee per day.
Hyatt Place Marathon: $ 242/night + tax ( King or double)
Courtyard By Marriott, Marathon: $ 247/night + tax ( king or double)
Transient Docking: Faro Blanco Resort Marina: $3.65/ft per night.
Reservations: Contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414
$850 / Poker Run boat entry – for Captain & First Mate
Extra Crew: $200
Fee Includes: Boat entry, poker run hand, function passes for all registered crew, captains souvenir poker run bag, souvenir event tees for crew members, dockside breakfast, Key Largo poker run lunch, and Friday night welcome dinner at Lighthouse Grill . Includes All event planning and services provided by FPC staff to register the member and crew, place reservations and accommodate special requests. Photo and video services utilizing helicopter and/or aerial drone provided with intention of capturing and documenting every registered team, and producing a souvenir event video to be aired on Youtube at a later date. Photography stills will be captured, with option of participant to purchase at a discounted rate after the event. Captain and/or team members are permitted to play out poker hand at Friday party and be eligible for various prizes provided by the organizer.
Safety Management Fee: $75 flat rate fee will be paid by each registered team towards a Safety Management Fund which will be used to retain paid-duty rescue divers with paramedic skills to assist any teams/participants that may engage in an accident on the course that might cause personal injury and therefore require treatment.
Applicants for participation in the Winter Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at Courtyard Coconut Grove. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.