January 18-20, 2019
FPC welcomes members & guests to a mid-winter escape to paradise, as we return to the beautiful Hawks Cay Resort & Marina. This landmark resort has recently undergone post hurricane renovations including re-modeled suites, updated villas and new docks in their popular marina. Located on Duck Key, between Islamorada and Marathon, this destination is very popular with boaters and anglers, primarily due to the abundant cruising waters throughout the Keys, and with direct access to ocean side and protected bay waters.
Departure: Friday, January 18, 2019 at 11 am from North Miami
Starting Point: Haulover Marine Center, North Miami – Alternative departure available from Grove Harbour Marina, Coconut Grove
Thursday Night Rooms (North Miami):
Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa — $313 per night
Trump International — $419 per night
Mandatory Captains Meeting: Thursday evening Duffy’s Sports Grill – North Miami
Destination: Hawks Cay Resort & Marina– Duck Key
Hawks Cay Guestroom Standard — $259 per night
Harbor Village 2 bedroom Townhome Villa — $419 per night
Harbor Village 3 bedroom Townhome Villa — $539 per night
Dockage Rates: $4/foot
Reservations: Contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414
Note: Schedule subject to change. Updated itineraries will be provided to all event participants at check in.
THURSDAY Jan 17:
7 -9 PM Captains Meeting/Kickoff Party- Duffy’s North Miami
FRIDAY: Jan 18:
9-11 am: Dockside breakfast- Haulover Marine Center, North Miami
11:00 am: Depart Haulover Marine Center
11:30 am: Rendezvous-1st poker card- Grove Harbour Marina
12:30 pm: Lunch in Key Largo- TBA ( 2nd poker card)
4:00 pm: Arrival Hawks Cay Resort (3rd poker card)
8:00 pm: Dinner- Angler & Ale Restaurant- Hawks Cay Marina
SAT Jan 19:
11 am: Saturday fun run to Marathon- Lunch destination TBA (4th card)
7 pm: Cocktail Happy Hour- FPC Villa ( 5th poker card & awards)
8-11 pm: Free dinner plans – on property of off property/ many choices.
* Transportation assistance from hotel concierge.
SUN Jan 20:
9-11 am: Fueling before departure
11 am: Hotel checkout and departure- approx 100 mile return
(Expected arrival back at North Miami- approx 2 pm depending on weather and stopovers on route)
Powerboats: $795 (Includes: Boat, Captain, & Mate)
Extra Crew: $175 (Includes: souvenir event tee, catered function passes for dockside breakfast, Friday lunch, and Friday night dinner party)
Safety Management Fee: $50 – Flat rate for all boats
Applicants for participation in the Winter Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at Courtyard Coconut Grove. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.