Florida Powerboat Club is moving forward at a rapid pace with the 26th Annual Key West Poker Run which stages from Miami to Key West. Our Safety Management program deploys Florida FWC Officers in center console boats, with Miami Dade Fire Rescue crew on board, to act as first responders to on-water incidents and possible injured boaters.
With the recent Hurricane Michael ravaging Florida’s Panhandle, many South Florida FWC officers and state boats have been re-located to North Florida, putting strain on staff and resources to oversee our Key West Poker Run. FPC is now reaching out to private members and volunteers with center console boats, that may be able to assist in this task. There is a financial budget in place, so fuel expenses and meals will be paid and other incentives provided to all volunteers who can assist.
Dates: Wed Nov 7 and Thurs 8th
(time slots range from 9am to 5 pm)
- Seeking: 28′-38’+ Center Consoles. Minimum twin outboard, Speed 40-60mph
- Must have current liability insurance on vessel and provide dec page
- Driver solo (plus first mate) on board only – No other passengers
- PFD required, no alcohol on boat
Staging Locations: Miami – Key Largo – Marathon – Key West
Three Course Sections needing coverage:
- Miami to Key Largo
- Key Largo to Marathon
- Marathon to Key West
Reimbursement & Value Added Benefits
- FPC to Pay up to $ 500 per boat /course section to cover fuel expense.
- Lunch included and FPC Poker Run t-shirt
- One Year FPC Social membership provided
- Special credits for assisting in FPC Magazine and event video on YouTube
- Aerial photo from chopper possible but not guaranteed due to logistics challenges
Please reply to this email and/or call the FPC Office to volunteer your time and services. — 954-545-1414
THIS IS AN HONORABLE AND HIGHLY REGARDED DUTY THAT PROVIDES A TREMENDOUS CONTRIBUTION TO OUR SPORT & THE SAFETY OF OUR WATERWAYS.