August 8-13, 2017
Florida Powerboat Club proudly presents the 24th Annual Emerald Coast Poker Run. This is the largest summer poker run in the nation, raising over $150,000 annually, and benefiting several youth organizations. This is one of the most popular events in the Florida Panhandle and is the cornerstone of an entire week of boating fun along the Emerald Coast.
Departure: From Destin to Pensacola checkpoints open from 10am to 4pm
Distance: Full course approx. 120 miles
Saturday — Emerald Grande Only (8am-10am)
Emerald Grande Resort
10 Harbor Blvd.,
Destin, Florida, 32541
Rates: $349+ per night.
Destin West Condos
1320 Miracle Strip Pkwy S.E.,
Fort Walton Beach, Florida 32548
Rates: $210+ per night
Ramada Plaza Beach Resort
1500 Miracle Strip Pkwy S.E.,
Fort Walton Beach, Florida 32548
Rates: $144+ per night
Ft Walton Beach
Rates: $139+ per night
Reservations: Contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414
Tuesday, August 8:
Emerald Grande Mardi Gras Parade – Harborwalk Village: 7-10PM
Pull your boat and crew (on trailer) along this short parade course at Emerald Grande, and throw out beads to thousands of spectators. Limited to boats with 10′ beam. Register in advance
Wednesday, August 9:
AJ’s on the Bayou Poker Run Kickoff Party: NEW PARTY LOCATION!
Thursday, August 10:
Miss Boat Week Party with Bikini Contest
The Block, Fort Walton Beach, FL
1st Round: Club Wear, 2nd Round: Bikini
Register at theblockclub.com
Friday, August 11:
Friday Fun Run to Junanas — BBQ At Juana’s at 1pm
Exclusive party for Emerald Coast captains and their crew.
AJ’s Rockin’ the Docks Captains Party, 6pm
Saturday, August 12:
Boat Run 10am-4pm
Emerald Coast Poker Run Party
Emerald Coast Convention Center
Doors open at 6pm
Poker, Black Jack, Silent Auction
All You Can Eat & Open Bar (open bar until 9:30pm)
Sunday, August 13:
Crab Island Round Up- All Day at Crab Island
Event Fee: $650 Includes Captain & Three Crew
– All planning for event, including FPC making room and dockage reservations on behalf of attendee.
– A safe, well excecuted poker run event, with official paceboat leading the trip.
– Function passes for Capt and three crew members, for dockside breakfast and Sat night dinner party.
– Poker run hand included, with chance of winning great prizes.
– Souvenir Poker run tee shirts for capt and crew and (1) DVD. Additional DVD $30
Extra Crew Fee: $125 per person (includes event t-shirt and all necessary function passes. (Please note this does not include an extra poker hand)
Applicants for participation in the Emerald Coast Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at the Biscayne Marriott Miami. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.
Planning to attend the Emerald Coast Poker Run?
The Florida Department of Transportation encourages travelers to use the 511 Traveler Information System before hitting the road to stay up-to-date on crashes, congestion and construction along their route. The 511 system provides information on all of Florida’s interstates, toll roads and other major metropolitan roadways, including those traveling near your event.