February 21-24, 2019
FPC welcomes members & guests to the Miami Boat Show Poker Run with 2 departure days to choose from. Stay at the beautiful Playa Largo Resort and Spa or choose the all new Bakers Cay Resort both located in Key Largo, ½ mile apart. Both resorts have marinas to accommodate our fleet of boats including powerboats and v-bottoms of various sizes.
Departure: 2 days to choose from: Thur 2/21 or Fri 2/22 at 11am from North Miami
Starting Point: Haulover Marine Center, North Miami – Alternative departure available from Grove Harbour Marina, Coconut Grove
Wednesday & Thursday Night Rooms (North Miami):
Doubletree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa — $279 per night
Trump International — Starting at $319 per night
Mandatory Captains Meeting: Wed and Thurs evening Duffy’s Sports Grill – North Miami
Destination (1): Playa Largo Resort and Spa – Key Largo
Room Rates: Starting at $359
Dockage Rates: $3 /foot per day (2 day min)
Destination (2): Bakers Cay Resort – Key Largo
Room Rates: Starting at $299
Dockage Rates: $300 flat fee (2 day)
Reservations: Contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414
Note: Schedule subject to change. Updated itineraries will be provided to all event participants at check in.
WEDNESDAY 2/20 & THURSDAY 2/21:
7 -9 PM Captains Meeting/Kickoff Party- Duffy’s North Miami
THURSDAY 2/21 & FRIDAY 2/22:
9-11 am: Dockside breakfast- Haulover Marine Center, North Miami
11:00 am: Depart Haulover Marine Center
11:30 am: Rendezvous- poker card – Grove Harbour Marina
12:30 pm: Lunch – TBA
4:00 pm: Arrival Key Largo Resorts and Marinas
Awards & Poker Hand Dinner Party
11 am: Saturday fun run – Lunch destination TBA
9-11 am: Fueling before departure
11 am: Hotel checkout and departure
Powerboats: $795 (Includes: Boat, Captain, & Mate)
Extra Crew: $175 (Includes: souvenir event tee, catered function passes for dockside breakfast, poker run lunch, and Friday evening dinner party)
Safety Management Fee: $50 for boats running 40-60 mph, $100 for boats running 60-99mph, or $150 for boats running 100 mph +
Applicants for participation in the Winter Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at Courtyard Coconut Grove. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.