February 24-27, 2022
TRADITIONAL EVENT… WITH A TWIST: Now in its 27th year, the 2022 edition of the FPC Miami Boat Show Poker Run takes a new departure by forging ahead with this annual tradition.
THE LOGISTICS : Thursday, Poker Run teams will depart from traditional host marinas including Haulover Marine Center or Grove Harbour Marina, gathering poker cards along the way to Key Largo. (Please note- No scheduled Friday departure for the 2022 event). After the short run to Key Largo, with Gilberts Resort hosting the FPC Poker Run village while Playa Largo Resort and Mariners Cove in Key Largo provide the finest lodging and amenities in the Upper Keys. Each location provides ample docking options, while Gilberts provide an all-day in water performance boat show. We will also offer overnight and transient docking poker run teams and daytrippers. Due to high season challenges, room inventory is limited at this time, and the event will be sold out at approximately 50 powerboat teams. Register now, and get on board this exciting February escape to paradise!
-ALL reservations based on 3 night minimum stay. 15 day cancellation policy
-ALL reservations shall be booked by FPC office for registered teams & participants only
Gilberts Resort Poker Run Village
- Gilberts Superior Double waterfront: $ 389/nt
- Gilberts Superior King waterfront: $ 399/nt
- Gilberts King Family suite: $ 429/nt
- Gilberts Queen Family suite: $ 429/nt
Playa Largo Resort & Spa: $439 – $799/nt (multiple room choices)
Mariners Club Resort & Marina:
Luxury One, Two, three, and Four bedroom units
$1450 –$ 2400 for 3 nights includes all taxes and fees
Staging all day at Departure Marinas: Haulover Marine Center & Grove Harbour Marina
Captains meetings and checkin times to be announced in private itineraries to registered members within 7 days of event.
9-11 am: Dockside breakfast- Haulover Marine Center, North Miami
10:30 am: Depart Haulover Marine Center
11:00 am: Rendezvous- poker card – Grove Harbour Marina
12:30 pm: Gilberts Resort – Poker Run Village opens approx 12 Noon.
3:00 pm: Arrival Key Largo Resorts and Marinas: Playa Largo Resort & Mariners Cove Resort
* Please note: FPC has all docking venues pre-booked. Docking assignments will come with registration through the FPC office.
Transportation in Key Largo:
FPC will offer two shuttle vehicles running between host resorts and Gilberts all day
In addition, regular taxi and Uber service is available
Anchorage Resort across from Gilberts- Offering transient dockage for guests wanting to visit Gilberts Poker Run Village- Pontoon water taxi service.
Poker Run Village Hours/ Displays:
Daily: Thurs, Fri, Saturday: 12 Noon to 8 pm
12 Noon: Gilberts Poker Run Village Opens
3 pm- 7PM: Free time at host resorts Playa Largo & Mariners Cove, Key Largo
7pm -9 PM: Welcome Poker Run Party Gilberts Resort Key Largo
Entertainment includes Live music and Key Largo Body Painting Expo.
11 am: Saturday fun run to Islamorada and Marathon restaurants (Multiple locations)
2 -5 pm: Blackwater Sound Raft up – Southwest of Gilberts in protected bay waters of Blackwater Sound
7 – 11pm: Saturday Night Poker Run Party: Private party for all FPC Participants & Sponsors-
Open air venue- Play out your Poker Hands
9-11 am: Fueling before departure
11 am: Hotel checkout and departure
Powerboats: $900 -Includes: Boat, Captain, & Mate. Advance entry fee until Jan 15
Increases apply for late registrations
Extra Crew: $200 -Includes: souvenir event tee, catered function passes for dockside breakfast, poker run lunch, and Friday party and Saturday dinner party
Safety Management Fee: $50 for boats running 40-59 mph, $75 for boats running 60-99mph, $100 or boats running 100 mph ++
Applicants for participation in the Winter Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at Courtyard Coconut Grove. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.