February 20-23, 2020
Celebrating 25 years since its inception in 1996, the Miami Boat Show Poker Run brings together the key players in the performance marine industry, on the heels of the Miami International Boat Show! With the new dual-resort format, Playa Largo Resort and Bakers Cay Resort in Key Largo are neighboring first-class properties which offer the finest lodging and amenities in the Upper Keys, and each with its own private docking facilities. Due to high season challenges, room inventory is limited at this time, and the event will be sold out at approximately 50 powerboat teams. Register now, and get on board this exciting February escape to paradise!
Room & Dockage updates as of Feb 5, 2020 —
- Playa Largo Rooms & Dockage: SOLD OUT completely
- Bakers Cay Rooms & Dockage: SOLD OUT completely
- Mariners Club Resort: Condo villas SOLD OUT. Docking options still available.
Please register and send in booking forms to ensure your lodging choices can be accommodated. FPC office is closed over the holidays, but we will be checking for registration forms at firstname.lastname@example.org and will be updating hotels with reservations as they come in.
Reservations: Contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414
Note: Schedule subject to change. Updated itineraries will be provided to all event participants at check in.
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY:
7 -9 PM Captains Meeting/Kickoff Party- Duffy’s North Miami
THURSDAY & FRIDAY:
9-11 am: Dockside breakfast- Haulover Marine Center, North Miami
11:00 am: Depart Haulover Marine Center
11:30 am: Rendezvous- poker card – Grove Harbour Marina
12:30 pm: Lunch – TBA
4:00 pm: Arrival Key Largo Resorts and Marinas
Awards & Poker Hand Dinner Party
11 am: Saturday fun run – Lunch destination TBA
9-11 am: Fueling before departure
11 am: Hotel checkout and departure
Powerboats: $795 (Includes: Boat, Captain, & Mate)
Extra Crew: $175 (Includes: souvenir event tee, catered function passes for dockside breakfast, poker run lunch, and Friday evening dinner party)
Safety Management Fee: $50 for boats running 40-60 mph, $100 for boats running 60-99mph, or $150 for boats running 100 mph +
Applicants for participation in the Winter Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at Courtyard Coconut Grove. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.