February 18-21, 2021
TRADITIONAL EVENT… WITH A TWIST: Now in its 26th year, the 2021 edition of the FPC Miami Boat Show Poker Run takes a new departure by forging ahead with this annual tradition. Ironically, the event’s namesake, “The Miami Boat Show” which has run for more than 79 consecutive years in the Magic City, has been cancelled by NMMA along with eight other national marine shows. While Florida Powerboat Club supports the NMMA decision, we feel there is a safe and plausible event format, that allows FPC members to enjoy a Covid-safe poker run boating environment, while the key players in the performance marine industry may still enjoy a vibrant selling venue, with a casual Poker Run Village event at the landmark Gilberts Resort.
THE LOGISTICS : Thursday Feb 18th, Poker Run teams will depart from traditional host marinas including Haulover Marine Center or Grove Harbour Marina, gathering poker cards along the way to Key Largo. (Please note- No scheduled Friday departure for the 2021 event). After the short run to Key Largo, participants will discover an entirely new format….with Gilberts Resort hosting the FPC Poker Run village while Playa Largo Resort and Mariners Cove in Key Largo provide the finest lodging and amenities in the Upper Keys. Each location provides ample docking options, while Gilberts and the neighboring Anchorage Resort, provide an all-day performance boat show on land and in water. FPC has contracted all the facilities including land-based displays and hotel rooms at Gilberts, and will also offer overnight and transient docking poker run teams and daytrippers. Due to high season challenges, room inventory is limited at this time, and the event will be sold out at approximately 50 powerboat teams. Register now, and get on board this exciting February escape to paradise!
-ALL reservations based on 3 night minimum stay.
-ALL reservations shall be booked by FPC office for registered teams only
Gilberts Resort Poker Run Village( ALL ROOMS SOLD OUT )*
* New Lodging Options: Florida Powerboat Club staff is adding new lodging choices for our participants as they become available. We will not be posting any new inventory on this website due to the limited supply. Call the FPC office and we will assist in any way.
*Please book all accommodations directly with the FPC Office. Key Largo is near sellout -so please do not hesitate.
Note: Schedule subject to change. Updated itineraries will be provided to all event participants at check in.
Staging all day at Departure Marinas: Haulover Marine Center & Grove Harbour Marina
Captains meetings and checkin times to be announced in private itineraries to registered members within 7 days of event.
9-11 am: Dockside breakfast- Haulover Marine Center, North Miami
10:30 am: Depart Haulover Marine Center
11:00 am: Rendezvous- poker card – Grove Harbour Marina
12:30 pm: Gilberts Resort – Poker Run Village opens approx 12 Noon.
12 Noon: Gilberts Poker Run Village Opens – remains open all day until 8 pm
3 pm- 7PM: Free time at host resorts Playa Largo & Mariners Cove, Key Largo
7pm -9 PM: Welcome Poker Run Party Gilberts Resort Key Largo- Stop by the Poker Run Village displays
Entertainment includes Live music and Key Largo Body Painting Expo.
11 am: Saturday fun run to Islamorada and Marathon restaurants (Multiple locations)
12 Noon Gilberts Poker Run Village opens to all participants and free to public
2 -5 pm: Blackwater Sound Raft up – Southwest of Gilberts in protected bay waters of Blackwater Sound
8 pm: Gilberts Poker Run Village displays close for the evening
7 – 11pm: Saturday Night Poker Run Party: Private party for all FPC Participants & Sponsors- Open air venue- Play out your Poker Hands
9-11 am: Fueling before departure
11 am: Hotel checkout and departure
Powerboats: $800 (Includes: Boat, Captain, & Mate. Advance entry fee until Jan 17)
Increases apply: Jan 18—Feb 8th: $850; Feb 9—18th: $900
Extra Crew: $200 (Includes: souvenir event tee, catered function passes for dockside breakfast, poker run lunch, and Friday party and Saturday dinner party)
Safety Management Fee: $50 for boats running 40-59 mph, $75 for boats running 60-99mph, $100 or boats running 100 mph ++
Applicants for participation in the Winter Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at Courtyard Coconut Grove. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.
Click Image to Enlarge — Click Here to Download