May 13-16, 2021
Florida Powerboat Club has always enjoyed boating around the Florida Panhandle in our neighboring states including Alabama and Mississippi. That’s why we are so pleased to be introducing a new partnership with The Wharf in Orange Beach Alabama, a landmark marine resort with a floating dock marina, first class hotel and luxury condo rentals, extensive dining and retail shopping options, plus an extensive selection of entertainment options in an amusement park setting. A 10,000 guest musical amphitheater, giant Ferris wheel, modern waterpark, plus an adventurous zip line course, are among the many attractions on site. Kicking things off for our first powerboating event, the Orange Beach Powerboat Week offers a five-day event format, and has something for every poker run enthusiast, all built around a charity-fund raising format and an exciting agenda of daily functions, both on-the-water and off.
EVENT SOLD OUT
Please call the FPC office if you would like to be on the event waitlist. 954-545-1414
Accommodations & Docking:
SpringHill Suites at The Wharf, Orange Beach Alabama / King & Double rooms: Rates $314/night (book through FPC office)
Located on site- The Wharf Marina is adjacent to SpringHill Suites- walking distance to The Port & restaurants, Very convenient!
SpringHill Suites will sell out- Book soon! Other Hotels are up to five miles away!
Reservations: Contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414
LUXURY Condominium Rentals: Request attendees to book direct. Agencies prefer not to deal with 3rd parties.
The Wharf Rental Management: 2B, 3B, 4B condo units
Call direct 251-224-1500 / 866-864-0937 | Web: www.wharfcondos.com
Brett Robinson Luxury Rentals: (Multiple condo resorts in Orange Beach)
Call 800-211-7892 | Web: www.brett-robinson.com
Marina Reservations: The Wharf Marina – Floating dock marina, electric, water – Professionally Managed!
Rates: $3.25/ft + tax ( 35′ or 40′ min. depending on dock location- FPC office will make all marina reservations)
Reservations: Contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414
Schedule of Events / Itinerary
2nd Annual ORANGE BEACH POWERBOAT WEEK
Presented by The Wharf, Orange Beach, AL
Tentative ITINERARY – MAY 13-16, 2021 ( Subject to change)
Thurs, MAY 13
Daytime: Arrival & Checkins: The Wharf – Truck & Trailer lot Main St Entrance to The Wharf
7-11pm: THE PORT: Miss Orange Beach Powerboat Week Contest- Free entry to attendees
Friday MAY 14
8 -10am: The Port: Poker Run check-in – Captains receive goody bags, merchandise
10:30 The Port : Captains safety meeting: Sign waivers review guidelines
11am : Friday FloridaBama Poker Run departure: Eastbound Run
7 -10 pm: Friday Evening Party- The PORT- DJ or live entertainment- Light catering
Sat MAY 15
8 -10 AM –Remaining teams- Poker Run Check in at The Port
10:30 AM- Mandatory Captains SAFETY Meeting- Review new poker run course
11 AM : Depart: Alabama Poker Run- Orange Beach westbound course to Mobile Bay
Multiple Lunch destinations due to size of poker run.
4:30 PM: Return to The Wharf Marina – Clean and cover boats/ free time to recharge.
7-11PM: THE PORT: Dinner/Awards Party Sponsored by ALACOMP – Sponsor Presentations
Sun MAY 16
All day: Hotel checkout, load and prepare boats for departure.
Sunday Fun Run may be suggested for those attendees that are staying extra day.
SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO REVIEW – NOT YET FINALIZED BY ORGANIZERS
Powerboat Entries: $850 (Includes: Boat, Captain, & Mate)
Extra Crew: $200 (Includes: souvenir event tee, catered function passes for dockside breakfast, poker run lunch Friday, and Saturday evening dinner party)
Safety Management Fees:
$ 50 for boats running 40-60 mph (Green decal)
$ 75 for all boats running 61-99 mph ( yellow decal)
$ 100 for boats running 100 to 125mph (red decal)
Applicants for participation must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.