May 29 – June 2, 2019
Florida Powerboat Club has always enjoyed boating around the Florida Panhandle in our neighboring states including Alabama and Mississippi. That’s why we are so pleased to be introducing a new partnership with The Wharf in Orange Beach Alabama, a landmark marine resort with a floating dock marina, first class hotel and luxury condo rentals, extensive dining and retail shopping options, plus an extensive selection of entertainment options in an amusement park setting. A 10,000 guest musical amphitheater, giant Ferris wheel, modern waterpark, plus an adventurous zip line course, are among the many attractions on site. Kicking things off for our first powerboating event, the Orange Beach Powerboat Week offers a five-day event format, and has something for every poker run enthusiast, all built around a charity-fund raising format and an exciting agenda of daily functions, both on-the-water and off. We home you enjoy our new format for this exciting addition to the FPC 2019 event calendar.
Mandatory Captains Meeting: TBA
Stu Jones met with the senior management team from The Wharf recently, to map out plans for this exciting new Orange Beach Powerboat Week scheduled for late spring 2019. From left: property owner Art Favre who attended the recent Emerald coast Poker Run with his 92 Viking, along with marina manager Beverly Morgan and Operations Manager Jim Bibby.
The Wharf Vacation Rentals – Luxury 1-2-3 Bedroom Condos
Balconies, Barbecue’s, and most with keyless entry doors, several units overlooking marina. All condo rentals are walking distance to all poker run functions.
|Condo Size||3-Night Stay||4-Night Stay||5-Night stay|
Springhill Suites at The Wharf
Many rooms with marina views. Walking distance to all poker run functions.
Room Rates — $199/night king and double rooms
Docking Rates: The Marina at The Wharf – $3.25 per foot per day
Reservations: Contact FPC Office at 954-545-1414
Note: All land-based activities, functions, parties take place at the Wharf. Schedule subject to change. Updated itineraries will be provided to all event participants at check in.
Early arrival and check-in – Trucks N Boats Parade – The Wharf
The Wharf Poker Run Village Opens – Afternoon lunch fun run
Miss Orange Beach Powerboat Week Contest
11am: Poker Run Village opens – Friday Fun run TBA
Captains Kickoff Party – The Wharf
Florida – Alabama Poker Run – Multiple stops
Saturday night Poker Run awards party – The Wharf
Powerboats: $795 (Includes: Boat, Captain, & Mate)
Extra Crew: $175 (Includes: souvenir event tee, catered function passes for dockside breakfast, poker run lunch, and Friday evening dinner party)
Safety Management Fee: $50 for boats running 40-60 mph, $100 for boats running 60-99mph, or $150 for boats running 100 mph +
Applicants for participation must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.