June 17-22, 2021
REGISTRATION INFO COMING SOON!
See photos and videos from our archives of events from previous years! Click images below!
Note: Sample schedule. Subject to change. Updated itineraries will be provided to all event participants at check in.
All Day: Launching staging at Haulover Marine Center
7PM: Welcome reception and captains meeting – Duffy’s North Miami
(Customs paper workshop- we will complete all Bahamas papers for easier entry on Friday)
6:30am: Dockside continental breakfast at Haulover Marine Center
7:00am: Departure from Marina- via Haulover Inlet ( approx. 90 min crossing)
8:30am to 11am: Big Game Club- Customs clearance and breakfast/lunch
11am: Depart to local boating attractions.
4pm: Arrive Resorts World Bimini- Dock and check in to Hilton / pool rendezvous
6 – 8PM: Cocktail happy hour- location TBA. Followed by dinner.
11am: Departure for local boating attractions/ Honeymoon harbor or north beach – depending on weather
4pm: Return to Resort – pool happy hour rendezvous
7-10pm: Dinner as you wish/ no formal plans
10am: Departure from Resorts World Bimini / Fuel stop at Bluewater Bimini
10:30am: Departure Bimini harbor – approx. two hour ride to Chub Cay
12:30pm: Fuel and lunch stopover Chub Cay Resort & Marina (Pool time included in stop)
2:30pm: Depart for Nassau – approx. 90 minute ride.
7:00pm: Cocktail reception poolside / Dinner to follow.
9:00pm: Off property outings optional/ BahaMar & Atlantis Resort
- Local area scenic cruising around Paradise Island with a beach rendezvous at Rose Island (approx 4 hour outing).
- Optional Daytrip to Exumas: This is a much more aggressive 170-mile daytrip which will take boaters to Staniel Cay for lunch, followed by a visit to Big Major Cay, home of the famous Pig Beach experience. We only recommend this to boaters who don’t mind the aggressive agenda, because we are returning back to Florida (225 miles) on the following day. Local guide may be hired to assist boater opting for this daytrip (Approx 8-9 hours).
Early start for refueling: Departure 10am from Nassau Harbour- Routing home via Bimini for lunch/fuel stop.
Powerboats: $1,250 ( Captain + 1st mate, Extra crew: $200/pp)
- Includes all planning for the six day, five night event July 24-29, 2020
- Making reservations at all (3) hotels and marina stays on behalf of captain & crew (member pays fees directly to hosting facility)
- Souvenir Captains bag and special event poker run event tees for entire crew
- Dockside breakfast Friday AM before departure to Bimini
- Assistance with required US customs and Bahamas clearance documents,
- Quarantine and Bahamas courtesy flag kit.
- Poker run hand to be played out in Paradise Island. ( Prizes offered to winners)
- Helicopter aerials with Professional photo and video crew on event departure
- Hospitality functions , receptions and welcome parties on at least (3) occasions. (these functions will included light catering and at in some cases bar offering)
- Sunday lunch at Chub Cay Bahamas for crew included.
- Organized Stingray feeding in Bimini with bait provided to participants
- Boating day trips in Bimini (Friday and Saturday)
- Boating day trips in Nassau (Monday- Rose Island and Tuesday- Staniel Cay)
Extra Crew: $200/pp (Includes function passes and all services and/or provisions as outlined for Captain & 1st mate – Additional poker hands at $50 each)
Additional Fees & Costs:
Acquire US CUSTOMS/CBP Sticker:
$27.50—Pay with application/renewal
Bahamas Customs Clearance:
Vessel under 35′: $150 cash
Vessels over 35′: $ 300 cash to clear ( for up to 3 on board)
For the 4th and additional passengers: Add $ 20 pp for Bahamas Customs.
Documents required to bring:
Valid passports for all passengers on board.
Registration or USCG Documentation required for the vessel.
Insurance: Be certain you vessel is insured for the Bahamas.
Bahamas Preparation List: Will be provided at time of registration. This list outlines all the FAQ’s and helps you prepare for this big event.
Applicants for participation must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.