June 6-12, 2023
BAHAMAS POKER RUN 2023: June 7-9 (Bimini Segment) June 9-13- Chub Cay Nassaus Extended Excursion
We are excited to stage our upcoming June and August Bahamas adventures with the Florida Powerboat Club. The good news is, we still have a little room left for our Bimini Segment, June 7-9th visiting Resorts World Bimini Resort, where we have enjoyed the new mid-week format. Arriving on Wednesday June 7th, FPC participants will enjoy a less-congested atmosphere at this popular resort, which tends to get slammed every summer weekend with visiting Florida boaters and cruise ship stopovers.
If you can’t get away for the six-day extended trip which includes Chub Cay, Nassau and Spanish Wells, just take advantage of this shorter 3-day format that gets you to Bimini with FPC, where you can enjoy all the attractions that this popular island has to offer…and hang out with your FPC boating friends! We have low group rates and an exciting agenda planned, so please join us!
Hotel and dockage information can be found within the event booking form below.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Event Format: Bimini Segment- Wed June 7 – Friday June 9, 2023
Our three-day Bimini visit will depart early Wednesday from Fort Lauderdale’s Bahia Mar Resort, and head southbound along the coastal waters to pick up departing teams from Haulover Inlet. Then, with helicopter in pursuit, we’ll take a heading across the Gulf stream for the 55-mile ride to Bimini, clearing customs at the world famous Bimini Big Game Club! After clearing, it’s time for a Bimini-style breakfast at the Big Game Club, and the fun continues with a snorkeling at the concrete Ship Sapona, and feeding the stingrays in a safe setting, at Honeymoon Harbour. And that’s only the first day!
There will be plenty more activities, inwater by day, along with parties by night, but you’ll be certain to make some new boating friends and share memories that will last a lifetime!
This is a 3-day event format, returning to Miami on Friday, or you can choose to extend your stay in Bimini, or continue the adventure with FPC members, as they head eastbound across the Bahama Bank, for the extended excursion to Nassau/Paradise Island.
Extended Format: June 9-13, 2023- Chub Cay, Paradise Island,Nassau. & Spanish Wells.
Although Atlantis Resort is currently sold out, FPC still has docking in the Atlantis Marina, and alternative lodging options nearby. The recently opened Margaritaville and its luxury partner “One Particular Harbour” residences, offer a limited selection of king, double and luxury 1B or 2B suites. Nassau is a high-demand destination in June and hotel inventory is going fast, so please jump on board now if you don’t want to miss this exciting FPC adventure that only happens once a year!
Register Now >>
Tuesday, June 6
Stage in Ft Lauderdale
Wednesday, June 7
Depart to Bimini – 2 night stay in Bimini
Enjoy excursion including snorkeling, stingray feeding, raft up party
Friday, June 9
Depart Bimini, on way to Nassau for 3 nights
Saturday, June 10
Enjoy Atlantis property, beach & waterpark
Sunday, June 11
Excursion to feed pigs and lunch – 50 miles each way
Monday, June 12
Depart Nassau – go back to Ft Lauderdale
Applicants for participation must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, minimum of 2 engines, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.