June 17-22, 2021
BAHAMAS EVENT IS BACK ON THE FPC CALENDAR!
With more progress in our country on administering vaccines and lightened restrictions for Florida boaters returning to the state on private vessels, we are happy to announce that the June and August Bahamas trips are back on the calendar.
At this time for the June event, we are planning a Friday to Sunday visit to Resorts World Bimini Hilton, followed by an optional extended 2-day adventure to Nassau. Either way, our plan is to avoid the need for additional testing in the Bahamas, by returning to Florida before the 5th day.
Please see details about Covid testing and securing a Bahamas visa below, and start planning ahead for these exciting summer escapes to Paradise in the Bahamas!
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: BAHAMAS
At this time, the only testing requirement for any travelers to the Bahamas, will be a negative covid test 5-days prior to arrival, which must be submitted online to secure a Bahamas travel visa. Upon securing the visa and presenting at entry to Bimimi, visitors have up to four days to depart from the Bahamas, with no further requirement for testing. If a guest stays longer, on the 5th day a local covid test must be conducted in Bimini, or Nassau.
Upon returning to Florida on a private vessel, boaters are not required by the State of Florida to submit a covid test, although we would highly recommend all visitors make the effort to do so, immediately upon returning.
Full details and links to the Bahamas government website will be provided upon registration!
JUNE 17-20, 2021 / Extended trip: JUNE 20-22, 2021
Thurs June 17:
Arrive North Miami – Staging at Haulover Marine Center (local hotels available) Capt meeting TBA
Fri June 18:
7AM – Early departure to avoid rough seas / Clear customs and local daytrips / sandbar snorkeling
Sat June 19:
12 Noon – local boating – Sapona shipwreck – North Bimini beach
Sun Jun 20:
Return to Florida OR continue extended trip
EXTENDED TRIP FORMAT:
Sun Jun 20:
10AM – Depart for Chub Cay – Lunch and fuel – continue to Nassau (Atlantis or Margaritaville TBA)
Mon Jun 21:
10AM – Local daytrip remaining close to Nassau / Paradise Island (Exuma not planned)- We will visit Spanish Wells near Eleuthera for lunch, pig & turtle experience- Approx 50 miles each way.
Tue June 22:
10AM – Return to Florida, with Bimini stopover for lunch/fuel
ADDITIONAL DAYS IN NASSAU: Any participants that are having fun and wish to stay longer, Margaritaville Resort has “express” Covid testing onsite. With Positive Test Result, their testing staff will update travel visas and extend stay for additional days as needed.
Powerboats: $1,250 ( Captain + 1st mate, Extra crew: $200/pp)
- Includes all planning for the six day, five night event July 24-29, 2020
- Making reservations at all (3) hotels and marina stays on behalf of captain & crew (member pays fees directly to hosting facility)
- Souvenir Captains bag and special event poker run event tees for entire crew
- Dockside breakfast Friday AM before departure to Bimini
- Assistance with required US customs and Bahamas clearance documents,
- Quarantine and Bahamas courtesy flag kit.
- Poker run hand to be played out in Paradise Island. ( Prizes offered to winners)
- Helicopter aerials with Professional photo and video crew on event departure
- Hospitality functions , receptions and welcome parties on at least (3) occasions. (these functions will included light catering and at in some cases bar offering)
- Sunday lunch at Chub Cay Bahamas for crew included.
- Organized Stingray feeding in Bimini with bait provided to participants
- Boating day trips in Bimini (Friday and Saturday)
- Boating day trips in Nassau (Monday- Rose Island and Tuesday- Staniel Cay)
Extra Crew: $200/pp (Includes function passes and all services and/or provisions as outlined for Captain & 1st mate – Additional poker hands at $50 each)
Additional Fees & Costs:
Acquire US CUSTOMS/CBP Sticker:
$27.50—Pay with application/renewal
Bahamas Customs Clearance:
Vessel under 35′: $150 cash
Vessels over 35′: $ 300 cash to clear ( for up to 3 on board)
For the 4th and additional passengers: Add $ 20 pp for Bahamas Customs.
Documents required to bring:
Valid passports for all passengers on board.
Registration or USCG Documentation required for the vessel.
Insurance: Be certain you vessel is insured for the Bahamas.
Bahamas Preparation List: Will be provided at time of registration. This list outlines all the FAQ’s and helps you prepare for this big event.
Applicants for participation must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.