June 10-15, 2022
May 16, 2022- UPDATE from FPC Management:
BAHAMAS Poker Run registration temporarily ON HOLD!
We have reached capacity on our current inventory of docks and rooms in Resorts World Bimini and at Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, therefore we must close registration at the present time. FPC may RE-OPEN registration in another 10-14 days, provided we are able to secure more docking at destination resorts. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Meanwhile, please note AUGUST 11-15,2022 we are planning another Bahamas trip with a similar itinerary so stay tuned for those details, which will be posted by approximately May 27, 2022. Please stay posted on the FPC website.
With more progress in our country on administering vaccines and lightened restrictions for Florida boaters returning to the state on private vessels, we are happy to announce that the June and August Bahamas trips are back on the calendar!
At this time for the June event, we are planning a Friday to Sunday visit to Resorts World Bimini Hilton, followed by an optional extended 3-day adventure to Atlantis Resort in Nassau. In Bimini we plan to visit several exciting locations and enjoy snorkeling, stingray feeding, and rafting up in calm waters. While in Nassau, we plan to spend one day traveling to the Exuma islands to visit popular destinations such as Staniel Cay (sharks) and Big Major Cay (pig beach).
Please see details about Covid testing and securing a Bahamas visa below, and start planning ahead for these exciting summer escapes to Paradise in the Bahamas!
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: BAHAMAS
At this time, the only testing requirement for any travelers to the Bahamas, will be a negative Covid test 5-days prior to arrival, which must be submitted online to secure a Bahamas travel visa. Upon securing the visa and presenting at entry to Bimini. Unvaccinated guests need to re-test on day 5 in the Bahamas.
Upon returning to Florida on a private vessel, boaters are not required by the State of Florida to submit a Covid test.
Full details and links to the Bahamas government website will be provided upon registration!
Note: Schedule subject to change. Updated itineraries will be provided to all event participants at check in.
Arrive North Miami – Staging at Haulover Marine Center (local hotels available) Capt. Meeting at Trump International
7AM – Early departure to avoid rough seas / Clear customs and local daytrips / sandbar snorkeling – stingray feeding
12 Noon – local boating – Sapona shipwreck – North Bimini beach
Return to Florida OR continue extended trip to Nassau
10AM – Depart for Chub Cay – Lunch and fuel – continue to Nassau (Atlantis)
10AM – Atlantis Waterpark is included in resort fee, or visit local sights; Rose Beach has a nice beach for a lunch stop. Fuel up & be ready for tomorrow
10AM – Daytrip to Exumas for lunch, pig & shark experiences- Approx. 80 miles each way.
10AM – Return to Florida, with Bimini stopover for lunch/fuel
Powerboats: $1,200 (Captain + 1st mate, Extra crew: $175/pp)
- Includes all planning for the six day, six night event June 10-15, 2022
- Making discounted reservations at all (3) hotels and marina stays on behalf of captain & crew (member pays fees directly to hosting facility)
- Souvenir Captains bag and special event poker run event tees for entire crew
- Dockside breakfast Friday AM before departure to Bimini
- Assistance with required US customs and Bahamas clearance documents
- Quarantine and Bahamas courtesy flag kit.
- Helicopter aerials with Professional photo and video crew on event departure
- Hospitality functions, receptions and welcome parties on at least (3) occasions. (these functions will included light catering and at in some cases bar offering)
- Sunday lunch at Chub Cay Bahamas for crew included.
- Organized Stingray feeding in Bimini with bait provided to participants
- Boating day trips in Bimini (Friday and Saturday)
- Boating day trips in Nassau (Monday- Rose Island and Tuesday- Staniel Cay)
Extra Crew: $175/pp (Includes function passes and all services and/or provisions as outlined for Captain & 1st mate
Additional Fees & Costs:
Acquire US CUSTOMS/CBP Sticker:
$27.50—Pay with application/renewal – https://dtops.cbp.dhs.gov/main/#%20
Bahamas Customs Clearance:
Vessel under 35′: $150 cash
Vessels over 35′: $ 300 cash to clear ( for up to 3 on board)
For the 4th and additional passengers: Add $ 20 pp for Bahamas Customs.
Documents required to bring:
Valid passports for all passengers on board.
Registration or USCG Documentation required for the vessel.
Insurance: Be certain you vessel is insured for the Bahamas.
Bahamas Preparation List: Will be provided at time of registration. This list outlines all the FAQ’s and helps you prepare for this big event.
Applicants for participation must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, minimum of 2 engines, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.