April 11-14, 2024
The Tampa Bay area has become very popular as one of Florida’s leading boating communities, with hundreds of miles of shoreline and abundant waterfront destinations in many directions. With a combination of protected bay waters, rivers, canals, sandy beaches and coastal cruising in the Gulf of Mexico, there is so much to enjoy and the Tampa Bay Poker Run is the ideal way to see it all over a three day format! Tampa is highly accessible with major airports and interstate highways for easy access.
Event Venue: Tampa Convention Center/ Downtown Tampa
One of the reasons for the growing popularity of this event is the Downtown Tampa event headquarters. We have three docking venues including Tampa Convention Center with floating docks as well as the Tampa Marriott Water St. next door, and a third location at nearby Marjorie Park Marina on Davis Island, which is also the fuel dock location. The two headquarter hotels are Westin Waterside Resort and the Tampa Marriott Water Street with the vibrant Tampa nightlife virtually on our doorstep. The Pointe entertainment complex is home to Jacksons Bistro and American Social, which are among Tampa’s most popular dining-turned-nightclub venues in the downtown area, with Tampa Harbor as a backdrop and just steps away from the host hotels.
The Tampa poker run offers a three-day agenda, with two structured days of boating, and a more casual self-directed menu for attendees who wish to arrive early, or stay an extra day. Florida Powerboat Club staff can modify your reservations to accommodate your personal agenda, if you wish to have an extended stay through Monday.
FPC staff will be on-site Wednesday 4/10 to prepare the venue.
- Thurs 4/11: Arrival in Tampa- Boat launching hotel checkin, and early poker run checkin
- Thurs & Friday : Casual evening functions will be planned and on the event itinerary.
- Fri 4/12: Fun Run to area cruising destinations. Multiple lunch venues
- Sat 4/13: Tampa Bay Poker Run on bay and coastal waterways. Destinations TBA
- Sat Evening: Poker Run Dinner & Awards Party- Westin Tampa Waterside Ballroom
- Sun 4/14: Open day for area cruising for participants that choose extended stay.
Lodging Options: FPC has room & docking contracts and will do all reservations.
Westin Waterside Resort: $289 traditional room/ $ 469 Jr Suite-water views
Docking at Tampa Convention Center : $ 4.50/ft Rafting required
Tampa Marriott Water St: $ 469/ King or Double- Upgraded rooms on request
Up to ten slips at Marriott Marina- $ 5.50/ft floating docks- (first come /first serve)
Alternative Hotels: FPC will offer overflow options at Hilton Tampa and/or Embassy Suites
Tampa Poker Run docking options:
All marinas are 3 night Minimum stay.
- Tampa Convention Center: $ 4.50/ft +7.5% tax
- Marjorie Park Marina: $ 3.50/ft 7.5% tax
- Marriott Marina: $ 7.00/ft 7.5% tax