April 21-24, 2022
After moving its headquarters from the Renaissance Vinoy in St.Petersburg to Downtown Tampa, the Tampa Bay Poker Run had a new lease on life, with expanded docking inventory at the Tampa Convention Center, and a wide selection of hotel inventory at Tampa’s most popular waterfront hotels, the Tampa Marriott Waterside, JW Marriott and Westin Waterside Tampa. Adding to that a vibrant nightlife including Jacksons Bistro and the all-new American Social right on our doorstep, this event had room to grow and something for everyone!
TAMPA POKER RUN SOLD OUT: No docking or rooms available, and functions are at capacity.
Tampa Convention center waterfront is under construction, and only 50% of their dock space has been provided to FPC. Other nearby marinas are at full capacity, therefore FPC has been unable to secure any further docking for visiting poker run teams. We are forced to close registration for this event, and ask that you refer to our 2022 event calendar for other poker run events. Thank You.
Please note: Updated itineraries with detailed times/locations will be provided to all event participants via email prior to event. Schedule subject to change.
Thurs: Early Arrivals – Downtown Tampa
Tampa Conv Center docks open 12 Noon. Marriott docks 2pm. Two hotels on FPC event roster: JW Marriott & Westin Waterside – Boat launching and trailer parking at Davis Island.
Thursday Evening social rendezvous- TBA
Fri: Friday Fun Run
Departing from Downtown Tampa-Two destinations will be provided in emailed itinerary. Rendezvous with boats coming in from Sarasota area.
Fri: Captains Check In & Safety Meeting
Two hotel locations — Westin Tampa Waterside for hotel guests. 2nd Location for JW Marriott Guests (see itinerary for times and captains meeting details)
Social activities post check-in will be announced in event itinerary.
Sat: 11th Annual Tampa Bay Poker Run
Multiple checkpoints in bay area with lunch stopover. Five checkpoints on course- We apologize, for safety reasons no course details will be released to public.
Sat Night- Tampa Bay Poker Run- Dinner & Awards Party – Tampa Convention Center
Teams play out cards- Winners and Presidents Choice awards presented.
Powerboats: $895 (Includes: Boat, Captain, & Mate)
Extra Crew: $175 (Includes: souvenir event tee, catered function passes for dockside breakfast, poker run lunch, and Sat evening dinner party)
Safety Management Fee: $50 for boats running 40-60 mph, $100 for boats running 60-99mph, or $150 for boats running 100 mph +
Applicants for participation must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.