April 13-16, 2023
After moving its headquarters from the Renaissance Vinoy in St.Petersburg to Downtown Tampa, the Tampa Bay Poker Run had a new lease on life, with expanded docking inventory at the Tampa Convention Center, and a wide selection of hotel inventory at Tampa’s most popular waterfront hotels, the Tampa Marriott Waterside, JW Marriott and Westin Waterside Tampa. Adding to that a vibrant nightlife including Jacksons Bistro and the all-new American Social right on our doorstep, this event had room to grow and something for everyone!
Please note: Updated itineraries with detailed times/locations will be provided to all event participants via email prior to event. Schedule subject to change.
Thurs: Early Arrivals – Downtown Tampa
Tampa Conv Center docks open 12 Noon. Marriott docks 2pm. Two hotels on FPC event roster: JW Marriott & Westin Waterside – Boat launching and trailer parking at Davis Island.
Thursday Evening social rendezvous- TBA
Fri: Friday Fun Run
Departing from Downtown Tampa-Two destinations will be provided in emailed itinerary. Rendezvous with boats coming in from Sarasota area.
Fri: Captains Check In & Safety Meeting
Two hotel locations — Westin Tampa Waterside for hotel guests. 2nd Location for JW Marriott Guests (see itinerary for times and captains meeting details)
Social activities post check-in will be announced in event itinerary.
Sat: 11th Annual Tampa Bay Poker Run
Multiple checkpoints in bay area with lunch stopover. Five checkpoints on course- We apologize, for safety reasons no course details will be released to public.
Sat Night- Tampa Bay Poker Run- Dinner & Awards Party – Tampa Convention Center
Teams play out cards- Winners and Presidents Choice awards presented.
Applicants for participation must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.