Powerboat Week: September 21-25, 2022
Since the late 1990’s, Florida Powerboat Club has made its annual pilgrimage to the Florida Panhandle for a festive week of powerboating fun. The Emerald Coast is a wildly popular summer destination for visitors from Texas to Virginia, and is touted for its amazing sugary sand beaches and miles of protected waterways ideal for any size boat. In more recent years, the city of Destin emerged with upscale waterfront resorts including the Emerald Grande and when combined with poker run staging at Legendary Marina, FPC members discovered the perfect mix of luxury accommodations and first class marine services for their summer visit. For the 2021 edition and for a variety of reasons, FPC is proud to announce a much-needed move from August to new September dates, and promises a great format for all who attend!
*DUE to a limited number of slips and dockage in Destin, FPC is unable to accommodate vessels of greater than 52′ feet in length with a maximum 14′ beam. Our marina partners have not provided FPC with any space that is large enough to accommodate yachts or vessels larger than these dimensions.
Accommodations & Docking:
Emerald Grande Resort: Destin Harbor
2 Bedroom units: $317/night
3 Bedroom: $358/night
Premium corner, penthouse floor and all 4B suites: SOLD OUT.
Transient Dockage: AJ’s Sponsor dock: $ 4.00/ft Limited space -Must be event sponsor.
Brooks Bridge Marina: Fort Walton Beach: $ 3.50/ft
Launching & Trailer Parking: Legendary Marina, Destin– Weekend Packages offered (see booking form)
Note: Sample schedule. Subject to change. Updated itineraries will be provided to all event participants at check in.
7:00PM Trucks & Boats Parade
For early arrivals please note. NO staging or transient docking has been arranged for attendees until Thursday. If you arrive earlier than Thursday, we suggest you make your own arrangements for truck & trailer parking, or overnight docking. The TRUCKS n BOATS parade is no longer staged due to space and logistics challenges.
Early POKER RUN CHECK-IN: All registered participants will be receiving a schedule of times and locations for poker run check-ins at Emerald Grande. This information will be emailed by FPC staff
12:00PM to 4:00PM: Lunch Fun Run – Choctawhatchee Bay- to Lulu’s Legendary Marina
Miss Powerboat Week Contest: Harry T’s- Harborwalk Village- This is a Private venue for registered poker run teams. A participant guest list will be furnished at the entrance to the venue. Judging positions available with minimum $ 100 donation. All funds raised go to our (4) charities.
CAPTAINS MEETINGS: Friday 10:00AM and 5:00PM. Mandatory captains safety meeting will be at the Emerald Grande ballroom. In addition to live presentation by FPC staff, a video version of the captains meeting may be available for teams that cannot attend event for logistics reasons and must be approved by FPC organizers.
12:00PM – 4:00PM: Friday Fun Run to Juanna’s Navarre. (lunch will be provided – passes required)
7:00PM -11:00PM: AJ’s Captains Party – Upstairs deck & VIP areas reserved for participants- Food provided, pass required
10:00AM – 5:00PM: Emerald Coast Powerboat Poker Run: Sandestin to Pensacola Beach (Seven checkpoints). Multiple lunch stops will be provided to manage the large size of the poker run.
7:00PM- 11:00PM: Poker Run Dinner / Awards Party: Destin FWB Convention Center- Okaloosa Island
12:00PM – 4:00PM: Final aerial photo shoots bay area. Norriego Point Rendezvous and Farewell Party
Powerboats: $950 (Includes: Boat, Captain, & Mate)
Extra Crew: $250 (Includes: souvenir event tee, catered function passes for Friday fun run lunch, Friday AJ’s captains party food, Saturday poker run lunch ticket, and Saturday evening dinner party)
Safety Management Fee: $50 for all boats covers paid-duty rescue teams on course
Applicants for participation in the EMERALD COAST Powerboat Week must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- New: Florida Powerboat Club, 1214 SW 6th St. , Pompano Beach, FL 33069 must be listed as “Additional Insured” on policy.
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at Emerald Grande Resort. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.