November 7-13, 2017
Florida Powerboat Club’s signature poker run event, attracts a global roster of participants and features scenic cruising from Miami to Key West, through the beautiful Florida Keys. Checkpoints along the way take participants to Florida Keys’ hot spots in Key Largo, Islamorada, Marathon, and Bahia Honda. Paceboats provide navigation through the winding backwaters of the Florida Keys, allowing participants to enjoy the ride in more protected waters, with the final 40-mile leg offshore and into the protected Key West Harbor. A 4-day Key West Poker Run village acts as event headquarters, with entertainment every evening and great dining at the Conch Republic Seafood Company. Daily powerboat excursions and fun runs give participants a chance to explore local waters.
Departure: Two-Venue Departure Program
North Venue: North Miami Beach (Sunny Isles) near Haulover Inlet – Boat ramp, trailer parking, multiple hotels
South Venue: Grove Harbour Marina (Coconut Grove) – Multiple hotels, boat ramp, limited trailer parking (reservations only)
From North Venue: 180 miles North Miami to Key West (360 miles roundtrip)
From Coconut Grove: 165 Miles one way: (330 miles roundtrip)
A total of Three host hotels associated with each departure venue. Rates start at: $ 150/night
Key West offers a variety of hotels, starting at $ 300/night
Contact the FPC Office, Mon- Fri; 10am – 5 pm, or complete the online registration form.
Tracey- Office Manager: Admin@flpowerboat.com
Jackie Jones- Event Management: firstname.lastname@example.org
Daytime phone: 954-545-1414
North Miami/Haulover: 9:30am
South Miami /Coconut Grove: 10:30am
CAPTAINS meeting on night before departure at each venue
$ 750/ boat entry – Includes Captain & first Mate ( additional crew at $ 150 pp)
Applicants for participation in the Key West Offshore Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.