Powerboat Week: August 12-16, 2020
Emerald Coast Powerboat Week is a week of water and land based activities scheduled in beautiful Destin and the surrounding areas. Emerald Grande will be the host resort for event. Several Marina choices are available to suit your needs. Please check back for more details as we get closer to the event.
PLEASE NOTE: All FPC poker run functions will follow local & state laws for social distancing and proper face-masks will be required to attend all group functions…until guests are seated. These guidelines will allow us to proceed with our poker run and enjoy the lifestyle we are all passionate about!
Please see new agenda below for our new event format!
Note: Sample schedule. Subject to change. Updated itineraries will be provided to all event participants at check in.
WEDNESDAY: 7:00PM Trucks & Boats Parade – Change of Venue
Our plans for Harborwalk Village were cancelled for this year due to crowding concerns at this popular venue. Instead, we will stage a casual driving caravan of Trucks ‘N Boats along Hwy 98 following standard “rules of the road”. Details forthcoming for all those planning to arrive Wednesday.
THURSDAY: 12 Noon to 4:00PM: Thursday Lunch Fun Run – Locations TBA
Miss Powerboat Week Contest: Change of Format: Indoor event cancelled for this year to avoid over-crowding at contest venue. Alternatively, FPC will coordinate a “Virtual Bikini Contest” allowing FPC Girls to visit registered boats at Harborwalk Village, AJ’s and lunch stops… for photo opps on “your boats” throughout the weekend. Photos will be posted on social media for judging, with contest winners selected at the Saturday night party!
POKER RUN CHECK-IN: All registered participants will be receiving a schedule of times and locations for poker run check-ins at Emerald Grande.
CAPTAINS MEETINGS: No formal captains meetings are planned. The mandatory safety meeting will be produced on video, and can be viewed by all captains on YOUTUBE. A video screening will air the captains meeting safety video continuously at Emerald Grande- Location TBA.
12 Noon – 4PM: Friday Fun Run to Juanna’s Navarre.
7:00 -11 PM: AJ’s Captains Party – Similar format to previous years with possible attendance limitations.
10AM – 5PM: Emerald Coast Powerboat Poker Run: Sandestin to Pensacola Beach( Checkpoints TBA)
7PM- 11PM: Poker Run Dinner / Awards Party: Destin FWB Convention Center- Okaloosa Island
12 – 4 PM: Crab Island Rendezvous and Farewell Party
Powerboats: $750 (Includes: Boat, Captain, & Mate)
Extra Crew: $150 (Includes: souvenir event tee, catered function passes for dockside breakfast, poker run lunch, and Sat evening dinner party)
Safety Management Fee: $50 for all boats
Applicants for participation in the Winter Poker Run must meet the following requirements with no exceptions:
- Registered boat owner must be an active member with Florida Powerboat Club. (social or video membership are not qualified member programs)
- Registered boats may be approximately 25-80 feet in length, and must be fully insured with liability coverages. A proof of insurance must be submitted in the form of a declaration page. (Detailed and accurate engine data, horsepower and performance specifications must also be submitted to company officials.)
- All captains & co-drivers must attend a mandatory poker run captains safety meeting on the evening prior to departure, at Courtyard Coconut Grove. Captains will sign a safety waiver which includes compliance with guidelines that include: No consumption of Alcoholic beverages or medications that diminish operating skills prior to or during the poker run.
- ALL OCCUPANTS (including passengers) of the vessel must sign safety waiver provided by Florida Powerboat Club prior to departure.
- All OCCUPANTS are required to wear USCG approved Personal flotation devices during on-plane operation. Exceptions will be made in the case of Lifeline or other specialty safety products that do may carry the USCG official approval.
- All participants are required to have their vessels in compliance with USCG safety standards.